When the weather is warm we crave foods that are fresh and clean, such as this finely shaved fennel, radish and kale salad tossed in a lemony, herby vinaigrette. A simple as you like, no fuss salad built around what is quintessentially Summer to me – Lemon.
Lemon dressings are best served with lashings of deep green, peppery olive oil and a sprinkling of fine Pink Himalayan salt. When dishes are kept simple, you get to taste the ingredients more. So here you have it, summer sunshine on a plate.
Serves 2 – 3 as a side
- 1 bulb of fennel (200g)
- 100g of kale
- 150g of radish
Lemony, herby vinaigrette
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of capers in olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 10g of fresh parsley, stalks removed
- 1 teaspoon of coconut aminos (adds a mild sweetness to cut the sharpness without the use of honey or sugar substitute)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste (be mindful the capers are salty)
Remove the woody base of the fennel and the tops of the radishes. Finely slice both using a mandolin, option to use a knife.
Remove the stalks from the kale and blitz in a food processor until fine. Option to chop very small.
Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor like a Magimix and blitz until combined. If you don’t have a food processor, simply cut all the herbs and capers up fine and mix well. The flavours infuse better if you blitz them.
Toss the fennel, radish and kale salad ingredients together in a bowl and serve with your choice of protein.
Share this Post